There are lots of ways of measuring! Before you try the worksheets, here are some practical ways of measuring.
- Find some objects around the house for example, toy cars, stones, teddies, plants. Can you find which is the tallest? Which object is the shortest?
- Can you get all your teddies and put them in order of the shortest to the tallest?
- Can you find out who is the shortest in your family and who is the tallest person in your family?
- If you are growing plants, have a look and see which plant is the tallest/ shortest?
- If you have a ruler, can you start at 0 and see how tall things are in your home? Try measuring a cup, chips, a book, or a pen?
Key vocabulary to use: tallest, shortest, large, tiny, high, tall, short.